Thursday, May 1, 2008

Splatter:

Today is the day when I admit that I want to die.
Everything in my life has gone awry,
with tables placed before me that,
call me out from underneath what
would have been a sanctuary for my mind.
But how am I suppose to go out and find
what it is that I want? What do
I want in my future, my loom-
ing horizon? I want not to be married,
to the failure that didn’t care if I carried
his child or someone else’s bastard
son. You’re the failure that wasn’t around enough to muster
enough courage to ask me anyway.
With all this emotion lodged up inside of my
mind, I want to yell, that I did it!
I cheated! And I loved every minute!
But I can’t face the man who held me close
before all this nonsense came to pass.
So I’m lying on the floor with our brains on the door,
without so much as telling you more of
why. Today is the day that I took my life,
today I stop being your wife.

No comments: